© Tom Weatherley

Thanks for visiting the site. Feel free to use, but please include a link back.
My email is on my profile page - I will respond though am sometimes away for a few days.
Comments now possible and welcome - views expressed not my own.
Apologies for the recent run of terrible punning headlines.

Sunday 27 September 2009

Commons touch

In this week’s Martello (the Herald’s gossip column) readers are informed that Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for the Conservative Party Damian Collins is looking to buy a house in the area, giving himself a permanent base. “I am sure that Mr. Collins is not pre-judging the election of this fine parish but…” crows the writer of the column, ‘Watchman.’

It can be reasonably assumed that Mr. Collins will win the seat, but perhaps Watchman's colleagues at the Herald are contributing to Mr. Collin's willingness to put thousands of pounds into local property before a single vote has been cast. Every time the Herald has allowed Mr. Collins to fill the already elected Mr. Howard’s column, it has retained the play-on-words title ‘Commons touch.’

Pip pip!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see dispatches tonight? Wow...I think I might stand against your pal Damian..I reckon I could fish out a shirt/chunky knitted jumper that would rival the one he is wearing on his website...a good start I feel to win over the voters of Folkestone and Hythe...Keep up the good work mate and who knows...we could be jetting off around the world at the expense of the taxpaper...ha ha ha ha....oh dear...laughing so manically I may have just done myself a mischief.

    ReplyDelete