© Tom Weatherley

Thanks for visiting the site. Feel free to use, but please include a link back.
My email is on my profile page - I will respond though am sometimes away for a few days.
Comments now possible and welcome - views expressed not my own.
Apologies for the recent run of terrible punning headlines.

Thursday 15 April 2010

FUTS Biased? A 'Dirty Red' Responds...

FUTS has been asked about bias / political leanings of the author – i.e. me! In a pleasant email, Cllr Sam Matthews (Hythe Town Lib Dem) writes;

‘I'm interested if you were going to declare your 'very conservative' political view as stated on Facebook. Although I think your blog is not a Conservative blog, I think the readers might be interested.’

How keen! FUTS is more than happy to set the record straight.

Firstly, the ‘very conservative’ line is a joke. On my profile this comes above my religious orientation which I ‘hilariously’ put down as ‘Communist’.


Neither is true. I am ‘very conservative’ perhaps only in dress sense (having lost an earlier taste for Hawaiian shirts), and I am not a Communist. My profile pics have included the following 5 images, none of which is particularly serious.

I have never set up an ‘official’ Facebook page for contacts that I blog about, though I did consider this - looks like I should have considered it more! This also means the politicians and councillors I have befriended on Facebook can probably find some ‘none too professional’ images of me without much hassle.

The thing is, would they use them out of context to discredit me? We’ll see. I wouldn't do it to them...

Anyhow, I hope that clears things up. Thanks to Cllr Matthews for getting in touch (apologies for the delayed response) and remember kids, I’m not a nasty Conservative, nor am I a dirty Commie - sleep easy!

*edited and marginally less dull version of longer previous version. Any questions please feel free to email.

No comments:

Post a Comment