© Tom Weatherley

Thanks for visiting the site. Feel free to use, but please include a link back.
My email is on my profile page - I will respond though am sometimes away for a few days.
Comments now possible and welcome - views expressed not my own.
Apologies for the recent run of terrible punning headlines.

Friday 4 December 2009

Tim Prater Not In PPC Race

Over the course of the last few weeks, since Neil Matthews stepped down, the future Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for the Lib Dems has been the source of much discussion for those interested in local politics (all three of us).

Not since the iron curtain was up and members of the Politburo lined up to oversee the victory parade has there been such furtive speculation as to who is in which position!

Observers noted Cllr Tim Prater's views and pronouncements on Marsh based development with interest. Perhaps, in commenting on the Marsh Cllr Prater was spreading wings in an attempt to bring Martians (is that right?) into the Lib Dem fold.

However, in an email to From Under The Stone Cllr Prater writes "I have personally never wanted to stand, never planned to stand, never gone for approval,

"I'm now a Councillor at 3 levels, and very happy to be so - I'm going to try to do the best job at those that I can."

Presumably the way is open for Cllr Lynne Beaumont, as the Herald predicted some time ago. Unless there is a surprise waiting in the wings...

No comments:

Post a Comment