© Tom Weatherley

Thanks for visiting the site. Feel free to use, but please include a link back.
My email is on my profile page - I will respond though am sometimes away for a few days.
Comments now possible and welcome - views expressed not my own.
Apologies for the recent run of terrible punning headlines.

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Where have all the Subs Gone?

I should say I'm not a newsman, journalist or anything of that ilk. I take a keen interest, but that is all. I take enough interest to know that times in local media are hard and editorial across the country have borne the brunt of some savage cuts. In this, sub editors have often been done away with (usually grammar checkers, but also with good local knowledge to pick up errors). Needless to say, errors are creeping in. From http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/southkent


Dover harbour is also looking more like Folkestone harbour by the minute!

Disclaimer - there was a spelling error in this blog until my own 'sub-editor' (girlfriend) pointed it out! I like to think it reinforces arguments for sub retention in the press!

No comments:

Post a Comment